Archive Of My Priceless Works

Monday, January 23, 2012

We Have Always Lived In The Castle







so I've been reading "we have always lived in the castle", by Shirley Jackson. i haven't finished it yet so i can't recommended it. but for me it's a pleasant mixture of gothery, murder, metal illness, social awkwardness, hating people, and believing in thing which you made up. also death. and murder. oh, and did i mention goth. so naturally my goth streak returned. only for today, though. it's has a Lolita feel which is nice. the dress is one of my treasures from the Salvation army. i got it to be somewhat girl gang-esk but whats the point of a button down dress if you don't open it to show your petticoat. the only problem with Lolita is it's supposed to be cutesy. and cutesy means short skirts. ya. i held the skirt up with pins. I'm really surprised they stayed the whole day. sorry about all the pics just today's photo shoot went rather well so i had to show you some of the results. we thought that a candle might make a good prop. and we were right. my new bow piece repaired much to my delight. that's kinda all.
dress: Thrifted
underskirt: Target
socks; Rite-Aid
shoes: Payless
earrings: Claire's
ring, belt: Sister's
bow: DIY
SISSI

1 comment: